Manage a payload
You can manage a payload if you want to view detailed information about it and perform any actions such as restarting or deactivating it.
To manage a payload:
- On the zeuz control panel (ZCP), navigate to the Payloads page and click MANAGE beside a payload to open the Payload : Edit page.
- On the Payload : Edit page, you can view detailed payload information and also perform certain actions depending on the payload’s state.
- You can click PAYLOAD LOGS to open the Logs page for the payload. See the Logs page for more information.
The Payload : Edit page shows payload information in the following four regions:
- Basic Information: Shows the IP address of the machine allocated to the payload, the payload status and port details.
- Payload Definition: Shows the details that were used to create the payload, such as the Image and Command.
- General: Shows IDs for the payload, machine, allocation and environment, and the region of the payload.
- Payload Info: Shows performance and usage data for the payload. See View payload metrics for details.
The following image shows the options available on the Payload: Edit page for managing a payload.
1 - Restart an active payload.
2 - Reserve or unreserve a payload.
3 - Activate or deactivate a payload.
4 - View the payload’s performance logs.
The options available depend on the current state of your payload.
Image: Payload : Edit page.
The following table shows the options available on the Payload : Edit page menu for each payload state:
|Payload state||Deactivate / Activate||Restart||Reserve / Unreserve|
|Active and Unreserved||Deactivate||Yes||Reserve|
|Active and Reserved||Not available||Yes||Unreserve|
|Not active||Activate||Not available||Not available|
See the Payload states page for more information about each payload state.
Manage a payload using the zeuz API
You can also use the following zeuz API endpoints to change the state of a payload:
2021-sep-22 Page added with editorial review.